Thursday, March 24, 2011

Where Do I Go From Here?

Wow I am back. I can't believe the trip went so fast and I have to reengage back into school life again. Adjusting is always something that takes me awhile. Coming back to school from being abroad was a crazy time period trying to get used to this life again. It will be different this time but I pray that I don't let this past week become a blur and only a memory. I don't ever want to forget all of those beautiful faces and how they touched my life. Want I really want to know is, where do I go from here. God really broke my heart while I was gone. He humbled me and opened my eyes to the reality that so many of His children face daily. The hopelessness, the rejection, the loss and confusion. So much pain and suffering but they have SO much joy! I want that joy. I know there are distractions that I need to remove from my life in order to hear the Lord more clearly and I am going to work to minimize the chaos of my life as much as possible. It's so hard being thrown back into school, homework, and busy things that keep me from pursuing the Lord as whole-heartedly as I would like to. Finding balance in life is so important but so difficult! I miss the peace of Uganda, I miss my wonderful and encouraging team, I miss feeling God's presence all around me day and night. But this is where I am now, this is where God wants me to be and I am going to seek Him here just like I did in Uganda. Who knows what God will ask me to do next, but I know much lies ahead in my life.

I will continue to post on my blog for awhile adding more details about the trip and about my life. My team ended up having $9,000 extra dollars to bless the people we visited with while we were in Uganda and I will get a list of what we did up here soon for all of my supporters. I'll also be sending out a thank you letter soon so be looking for time :) In the meantime as they say daily in Uganda, May God Bless You!





1 comment:

  1. I love this & I love your heart, Shelby. While you were the youngest on our team- your heart is such an inspiration. I believe God has you right where He wants you...and finding the time to be still & hear from Him amidst the chaos of not only everyday life- but especially college life that's filled with distractions and temptations-can be a challenge, but God is with you! I will be praying for you! Much love!

    ReplyDelete