Sunday, March 20, 2011

All Smiles








Friday March 18, 2011

Ah what another long but fulfilling day I spent here in Uganda. We started our day off in Kampala back at Return Uganda ministry. It was a great feeling to pull up in our bus and see the children jumping up and down and excited to see us. I had about 6 little ones run to me and cling to me for the rest of the day. We spent our time with them singing, teaching them songs, dancing, and doing a VBS lesson. Today we were learning about Abraham as well as how special we are as God’s creation who were made in his image. The children made cute masks with feathers and they loved it! We also got a quick tour of the home that the children stay in and we got to see the mattresses that people donated money for! Thank you to all who donated money for these, and here they are!!






It was sad to say goodbye to the children in Kampala, but all of us were aching to be back at Canaan’s where we all have been calling home. It really does already feel like a second home to all of us. When we drove up to Canaan’s the children were screaming and singing and SO excited to see us! It was such a warm welcome and all of my team members faces lit up along with mine. I will be so sad to leave this place and all of the children and people that I have fallen in love with. My heart is so at peace here. We had a night of singing praise to our Father tonight with all of the children and it was wonderful again. I just love hearing their voices lifting up the name of Jesus. They have so little but so much faith. I see God’s face in each and every one of them. There is so much pain in many of their eyes though, from their pasts and their stories. Oh how all of the children need to know that their Heavenly Father loves them so much and will never leave them or hurt them. Praise God for his faithfulness!!

Tomorrow we will spend the day working with Katie Davis’ children through her Amazima ministry. I’m excited to meet yet another group of bright shining children. I’m so sad that we only have 3 full days yet, I am not ready to leave!!

On the bright side though, I just wanted to acknowledge how amazing of a team I am working with. I have been so inspired and encouraged by the faith and integrity of these people. I am the youngest in the group and have been learning so much from their example. I am so thankful to be on this team of many ages and personalities that all mix so well. I am thanking God for uniting us and hand picking us for this missions trip. Shout out to my team, I love all of you!!






No comments:

Post a Comment