Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Heart of Worship







Tuesday March 15, 2011

Again I feel like words cannot even do this place and my feelings justice. Today was another awe inspiring day filled with hundreds of beautiful smiles and laughing children. In the morning we went to Canaan’s school and visited the children there. They sang for us, we sang for them, asked questions, got to know each other better, and played lots of games. I just so love all of the children constantly wanting to be held and hugged! I wish I had 10 arms to squeeze them all at once!!

In the afternoon we sought out to bless the street children who Godfrey serves through his Pillars of Hope ministry. This ministry is still in its grass roots stage and the children come to Saturdays a month to be fed. Thanks to all of our donations we were able to give each child a new pair of shoes, clothes, a bible, and some candy. They were in heaven, their faces lit up just over those simple items. The children here have so little, I am again reminded about how much stuff it have!! Too much! Waaay to much! Pastor Isaac was telling me today that he has had the shirt he was wearing for 10 years because when he gets money he gives it to his children for food, not for himself. Oh if I could have that same attitude! If as Americans we were more generous with our abundant amount of possessions and extravagant lifestyles it would make such a big impact. Even tonight, we gave each girl at Canaan’s two pairs of underwear and they were ecstatic. Two pairs of underwear!! How many do I have sitting in my drawer that I take for granted ever day?? I am just overwhelmed and honestly want to go through my things and sell so many items to send money to the children here.



I also just want to write a little bit about our amazing time of worship after dinner. Worshiping the Lord through song is one of my most favorite things to do! My team had a time of worship with just a guitar and our voices lifted in praise. During the middle of our singing we opened our door and let the children come to us. Precious Angela who clung to me all day at the school ran to my lap and we began to sing to our Lord together. I was brought to tears by the amazing presence of God in the room. Listening to everyone’s voice sing praise to our King, young and old, all acknowledging Him was so overwhelmingly awesome! I will never forget tonight and wish I could hold a child in my arms every single day. We truly have so much to learn from the hearts of children. The Lord is teaching me so much here about having faith like a child. I have too many distractions in my life to see Him in that way most days, I pray that God will continue to speak to my heart here and help me to change many of those habits when I return home. Tomorrow morning we spend here but then we will travel to Kampala and visit some more children. I will be very sad to leave Canaan’s even though we will be back on Friday, I just love this place!!







No comments:

Post a Comment