Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Peace Within Me

Saturday March 12, 2011

Well here I am, sitting on a plane flying over the ocean to Uganda. We are four hours into the flight and I am wide-awake so I figured I would write down some of my thoughts. I’m so happy to be at this point and officially on the way to what I know will be a life changing, humbling, eye opening, and blessed experience. Bright an early yesterday I set out for the Indianapolis airport to make my 6am flight to Washington D.C. (shout out to Shelbe for being an amazing friend and driving me there so early!) Everything went smoothly and I landed in the Dulles airport around 8, took a shuttle to my hotel, and spent the rest of the day there relaxing and mentally preparing for the journey ahead. I met a little less than half of my team last night at dinner and it was great to put some faces to the people I had been talking with on conference calls and praying with weekly. This morning we finally all met at the airport and I’m extremely excited to spend the next week and a half with all of the wonderful people in my team. I also got to see Brooke in the airport!! She was coming off her plane right as we got to the gate and she came and talked to me for a while. She had an amazing time again and it was so great to see her right before we left to follow in her team’s footsteps. I love that part of Visiting Orphans, that teams are constantly entering the country and forming solid relationships with the children.
Right now I am filled with such peace from the Lord about this decision to sacrifice my spring break to serve the orphans and people of Uganda. Honestly, it doesn’t feel like a sacrifice at all. I can’t remember the last time that I have felt so much peace about a choice I have made, or such contentment and joy. I can feel Him with me and I can feel His hand guiding me. This is probably one of the biggest steps of faith that I have taken in a long time. Until today I didn’t know any of the people I would be traveling overseas hundreds of miles with, and the details of our trip are still a little hazy but it doesn’t matter. It goes to show how the Lord blesses sacrifices made to further His Kingdom. I am so thankful to be anxiety free and extremely eager to meet all of the beautiful people of Uganda that we will be serving. I can feel my prayer team supporting me as well and I thank you so much for your prayers! Each and every one of them matter and make a difference.
When we land we still have another short flight and a 3 hour drive to our final destination, King Fisher’s Lodge. I think we will start our work with the children the next day. A lot of travel still awaits that is for sure!






No comments:

Post a Comment