Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Open the Eyes of My Heart Lord, I Want to See You

I'm blogging tonight from Kampala, Uganda. I'm exhausted from the day but so filled with the Holy Spirit. We left Canaan's today for two days before we head back on friday and it was heartbreaking. It is crazy how attached you can get after only two days. I feel like those children are a part of my life now. I am so happy to get to see them again before we leave. I already don't want to leave and God allowing would love to come back time and time again! I am very excited to continue to serve and love on other orphans from different ministries but Canaan's will always have a special place in my heart. Tomorrow we will be with 300-400 orphans at Return Uganda. The children will be all ages and we will be doing a Vacation Bible Study lesson, craft, worship time with them. I can't wait to continue to learn from the Lord and listen to what He is whispering to my heart. It is such a blessing to be here and I am taking in every second of it!

P.S. Sorry for the lack of pictures, they take forever to load but I have taken a couple hundred already! I'll put a bunch of pictures up when I get home!





3 comments:

  1. Shelby!
    I am so happy for you! My small group prayed for you today and I am still praying for you and your team. I am so encouraged to hear what an amazing experience this has been so far. I love you so much,
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shelby! I just clicked on the link to your blog today and read the blogs you have posted...it is truly amazing what you are doing! Someday I would love to travel to the places that you have and let God work in me with orphaned children, as I want to adopt someday! For now, I am letting God work in me here at home, as I am trying to keep a strong faith in my non-christian home(I am the only christian in my family). I am praying for you and love reading about what God is doing in your life! Hope to hear from you soon...I miss you! God Bless!
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shelb! I just wanted to let you know my thoughts and prayers are with you! I just went to a presentation tonight about children in Uganda and learned a lot of eye-opening things. I'm so proud and inspired by the work you are doing, and I want to wish you the best of luck! I hope you have a truly amazing and safe time while you are there, and that this blog reaches a lot of people and spreads awareness of the situation. I love you, girl! And may God be with you!
    Love,
    Flannery Bohne

    ReplyDelete