Tuesday, March 8, 2011

For the Kingdom. For the Kids.




For the Kingdom. For the Kids. This is the motto of Kanakuk Kamps where I worked this summer, and it has become a core part of how I view working with children. This phrase is so applicable now as I prepare to embark on an adventure of a lifetime, one where I know I will come back with a new heart for the least of these and a fire for serving in Jesus' name. For the Kingdom. For the Kids. I pray that every action, every thought, and ever word I say to these children honors God, furthers his Kingdom and is truly for the kids.

I leave for Uganda in three days and I can't believe the time is here. There are so many emotions stirring in me right now. I am extremely excited, a bit anxious, eager, and hungry to see God's mighty hand at work. It is so easy for me to get caught up in the "Butler bubble" where my life is centered around me. How am I feeling, how are my classes, I have so much homework, this is going right and this is going wrong. But I know there is SO much more to life and I am more than ready to get out of myself and be reminded of how much need there is in the world. Father bring me to my knees!



I'll be blogging along the way as I'm in Uganda but I am not sure when we will have internet connection. I will try to load my entries as much as possible but it may end up being in big groups or at the end of the trip. Either way I'll have my thoughts written down and dated to keep track :)

I just want to say again how humbled and thankful I am about the amount of support my friends and family have been providing for me to go on this trip. I have seen the Lord provide in a HUGE way and could not be more appreciative. I have an incredibly large team behind me, and each and every one of you has a part in bringing hope, love, and Christ's love to the dear orphans in Uganda. Thank you. I couldn't do it without you!





No comments:

Post a Comment