Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Lord Speaking




Have you ever had one of those moments when you heard the Lord speaking to you directly through someone else. I just had one of those and it could not have come at a more perfect time. I was listening to a sermon about God's will/calling for your life and God made me aware of so many things. First, that there is a universal call for every Christian's life and it is to live faithfully, fruitfully, and finish well. The Bible is full of so many "callings" and I fear that we get caught up in waiting for a sign or to feel that special emotion but if we were to just read His word it is sitting there waiting for us!

I want to live faithfully in my walk with the Lord. I want to trust Him with all of my heart and honor Him in every part of my daily life. Yes, God blessed me with the opportunity to travel to Uganda and serve the fatherless. He changed my life there and I will never be the same but I'm not there right now. I don't ever want to forget what I have seen and I will continue to pray about what God wants me to do with the experience but I do know what I should be doing right now. I need to be living faithfully by going to school, working hard, honoring him in my relationships, being a friend, making disciples etc... It is so easy to get caught into the trap of wanting that glamorous "calling" and pull on your heart from God towards a specific thing or path. He may put a strong desire/calling on your life but He may not. And in the meantime I want to be faithful to what God has given me right now!

By living out the fruits of the Spirit, by blessing and serving others who I live life with, by praying for the world and the country I have fallen in love with while I am here, and by being proactive and acting on God's living and breathing word.

Micah 6:8 What does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Praise God for answering my prayer and placing this message on my heart.





1 comment: